Key to… Changes in Britain from The Stone Age to the Iron Age
Developed with the help of history specialist Stuart Tiffany (Mr T Does History) to provide this primary KS2 history Key to the National Curriculum resource. This unit encourages children to investigate and comprehend the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age.
Following the National Curriculum, this module will help children to understand historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance, and use them to make connections, draw contrasts, analyse trends, frame historically valid questions and create their own structured accounts, including written narratives and analyses.
Your pupils will learn about…
- Using historical evidence and sources
- Exploring life during the Stone Ages (Palaeo-, Meso- and Neolithic)
- Iron Age settlements and tribes
- How history topics fit together to form part of the ‘story’ of human history.
and will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- Role-playing as hunter-gatherers
- Timeline sequencing
- Continuity and change
- The similarities and differences between 3 different time periods: Palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic
- Iron Age hill forts
- How tools developed in The Bronze Age period.
which in turn will help them to…..
- Sequence periods of history
- Understand the duration of periods
- Begin to understand the concept of historical narrative
- Identify differences between their own lives and those of those who lived in Palaeolithic or Mesolithic times
- Examine non-written sources of evidence
- Make deductions from primary sources
- Use evidence to support explanations
- Understand how bronze was made
- Compare sources of evidence
- Identify the changes in the lives of people during the time between the Stone Age and the Iron Age
These are just a few examples of what the History key unlocks!
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities all of which comply with the KS2 National Curriculum History requirements.